1 sweet potato, outer skin peeled and discarded; the cleaned potato is then made into narrow-to-wide strips with the vegetable peeler. Should make about 3 cups
1 1/2 c. sweet onion, julienned then halved
1 1/2 c. English/Garden Peas
2 c. chopped spinach
2 t. fresh thyme
1 t. ground coriander
1/4 c. purified water (instead of oil)
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 t. sea salt
rice paper summer roll wrappers
1. In a medium sauté pan, sweat the onions with a little bit of water.
2. After a few minutes, add the sweet potato and some more water and cover to keep the moisture in, stirring occasionally as the sweet potatoes steam.
3. After a few more minutes, the sweet potatoes should be close to done, add the peas, spinach, thyme and coriander with the rest of the water and continue to cook until the spinach is soft and the sweet potatoes are fully cooked or al dente (I like them a little al dente, personally).
4. Remove the mixture from the heat; add the cilantro and sea salt, mix well.
5. Prepare the rice wrappers by soaking them in warm water until soft.
6. Place a wrapper on a plate, scoop a few generous spoonfuls of the sweet potato mixture into the center, and fold up like a burrito